Account / TOU (Everything concerning accounts)
Creation of an account
- Registration is done on the starting page. Please note that you may have only one account per server.
- First, the TOU are displayed. They should be read carefully before clicking on "proceed".
- Then the user has to choose a name without any title; the title is assigned automatically within the game. Also the user has to complete the other fields in the form. We ask the users to choose a nick name that will not offend any other player in the game. In particular, names from well known persons of the recent history, especially from wars and similar affairs, should be avoided.
- The user can select whether to play as Settler or Warrior.
- There are different servers to choose from, which differ in their speed of play. A red lamp indicates that currently no game is running on this particular server. When you move the mouse over a lamp, server details will be displayed.
- Now a starting site on the map is assigned to the user. If necessary, the map size is increased at this stage.
- Everything is prepared now. After a login with name, password and script code (the three colored letters) the user enters the game.
- After the login, a page to enter the activation code is displayed. This activation code is sent automatically to the e-mail address used during registration. Most other pages from the game can not be accessed before the activation code has been entered. Also, an account has to be activated within 48 hours; after these 48 hours the account will be canceled. If the e-mail from L&L with the activation code does not reach the provided e-mail address (please check also the Junk / Spam / Bulk folder), please check or change the e-mail address under "Settings". A new code can then be send to the provided e-mail address on the account activation page.
- A user may upload a self-made flag under "Settings".
- L&L also offers the option for users to subscribe to a premium account (under "Settings"). In addition to supporting the L&L team, this enables premium functionality in L&L. However, these premium-functions do not include actual advantages within the game play; all users have the same chances for success and good ranking.
If players have registered previously, they can log into the game with their old nick name and choose a new nick name for the current age, if they desire to do so. An existing premium account is transferred onto the new nick name.
Some players are able to interest their friends, families, or colleagues in L&L. Often the game is then being played on a shared connection or network. Unfortunately we have an automatic multi account detection that gets activated this way and bans all involved accounts. To allow these players to take part in L&L, we encourage them to send a system query under "messages" to the administrators. After as short probe of the situation we may declare these players to "official multis" and unban their accounts. Their nick names are then posted in the "news" forum. Official multis have to observe the following rules:
- If one multi-player is at war, none of his multi-partners may declare war against the same enemy.
- No wars against each other.
- No alliances with each other.
- No espionage actions against the same third person.
- Regardless of their status as official multis, they may not log into each other account.
If those rules are not followed the accounts may be banned from the game!
Cancellation of an account
They only way to delete an account is to let the account become inactive by not logging in. The deletion of an account happens at the following times:
|up to a score of 40,000 and not involved in any war||2 days||2 days||2 days||2 days||4 days|
|above a score of 40,000 and not involved in any war||5 days||5 days||3 days||5 days||8 days|
|above a score of 40,000 and at war||20 days||20 days||5 days||10 days||33 days|
|with activated vacation-mode or activated deletion-stop (Premium account)||21 days||21 days||21 days||21 days||35 days|
|after defeat (for restart please see below)||3 days||3 days||3 days||3 days||5 days|
If special Ages (speed games) have other time spans until deletion, these changes will be announced in the news forum.
If an account is deleted due to inactivity, a restarting player is treated like an new player. None of the research is transferred and the starting honor is 1000.
Your last castle has been conquered and your lordship has ended. Now you need to log in again with your nick name and click on the link provided under "Events" in the message about your defeat. This is only possible for 3 days after your defeat. All your research gets transferred then to the new account, as does your previous honor value - positive or negative.
More about our premium account can be found here: Premium account
- In order to play Lands & Lords (L&L) you have to agree with the TOU.
- The team of L&L may change the TOU at any given time. Changes in the TOU can be seen on this webpage, which can be accessed via the "Register" link on the homepage. Additionally, changes to the AOU will be announced in the game intern forum. If you don't agree with any changes to the TOU you can have your account deleted by sending an ingame private message to an administrator.
- Nobody has a right to play L&L. By registering an account you aquire a gaming licence, which can be withdrawn by the administration without further notice. A reason for withdrawal of a gaming licence could be a violation of the TOU. A gaming licence allows you to use the services of L&L for an indefinite time.
- The registered accounts and the associated data are property of the owner of L&L.
- Articles in the forum, chat messages, messages using the ingame messaging system, pictures contributed by the players (flags, avatars), names of armies and ships as well as the nickname of the player are published in realtime. An editorial control prior to publication is therefore not possible. The respective author is liable for the content of the contribution. Please notice, that for technical reasons not all contributions can be reviewed for illegitimate content. If some contribution defames you or infringes applicable law or morality, this contribution will be immediately deleted after taking notice. Please, inform an administrator via game intern messaging systems or via email(email@example.com) about author, time point, and precise form of the contribution that should be deleted.
Propagating such contributions can result in deletion of the account of the respective player. "Morality " is defined at the administrators' own discretion.
Communications and transfer of any material via game intern communications systems (private messages, chat, forum) is neither confidential nor proprietary. The data sent via said communication systems will be stored for up to 6 months for examiniation of illegitimate content.
- The pages of L&L contain links to websites of third parties (advertisements or similar). L&L assumes no liablity for the content of these pages or damages resulting from these pages. In general, L&L assumes no liability for damages resulting from usage of the pages of L&L and linked pages of L&L.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, here.
- The game may only be accessed using browsers. It's not allowed to use scripts.
- Only one account per player on each server is allowed. Using multiple accounts on the same server are prohibited and such accounts will be deleted. Attending acounts from other players ("accountsitting") is not allowed. Passing on your account, password and selling of accounts is prohibited.
- Registering multiple accounts with the intention to retain only one of them for further usage is prohibited and results in automatic barring of the respective player. In case you mistyped your email address, you can change your email address in the "settings" menue on the left side.
- It is not permitted to create or sustain accounts for pushing one or more other accounts. Furthermore, it is not permitted to wage arranged wars that serve to push armies, spies, and so forth.
- You must not copy flags from other players. Flags that violate applicable law are prohibited. If two players employ the same flag , one flag will be changed at the administrators' own discretion.
- In case one or more items of the TOU are invalid, the other items don't lose validity.
- Bugs must not be exploited but must be immediately posted in the BUGS forum.
- If you do not understand the text shown above, do not register and leave our pages.